Saturday, March 16, 2019

Stay Out of the Gift Shop

Dopamine junkies bore me
with values just ankle deep,
give me a nugget of interest
something that I could keep.

Let's get below the surface
of all the **** that floats,
stick with higher standards
and cast some quality votes.

Help settle the nation's problems
don't fixate on TV,
pick a subject of substance
to see what you can see.

Dumbing down the language
substitutes for learning it well,
the changes now going forward
are leading us straight to hell.

Curmudgeon, fogey, conservative
call me a stick in the mud,
but the direction we are going
boils this old man's blood.

But I take great pleasure knowing
when these kids are all my age,
they too will chafe at changes
and futility will yet rage.


by Robert Quinn
all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment