Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Information Overdose

Close your eyes cover your ears
pull the blankets over your head,
the media bombardment of bad news
is a terrible thing to dread.

Aching joints and toothaches,
the loss of youth and hair,
on inescapable commercials
can be too much to bear.

My feet were hurting when I heard
my investments had been lost,
radio, TV and internet
gleefully added up the cost.

Sunshine is a weather report
the news must all be bad,
politicians duly elected
have taken all we had.

Hometown team is a loser
the river is a toxic dump,
plane crashes and a car wreck
have my spirits in a slump.

People's behavior is terrible
and we hear about it all,
the devil is running the planet
where his followers are ten feet tall.

All of it sets me to wondering
how much I can take of this?
And remembering the quaint old adage;
ignorance is bliss.


by Robert Quinn
all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment